Wednesday, January 28, 2004

What Are You Doing for The Next Minute

Oreo.jpg

Performed my "one-minute" doing in Acting class today. We were all supposed to pick something we do and perform this thing in front of the class as if we were alone and they were watching through a two way mirror. 

I chose Oreos. You know cookies, everybody has their own individual way to eat an Oreo right? Well, it seemed simple and so I thought "no problem, just sit on the floor and eat the cookie". It was okay, I went and sat on the floor, opened the package and proceeded to take the cookie apart, eat the white filling, etc. 

It was only one minute, sixty seconds. I was a nervous wreck by the time I finished. I was shaking by the end. Now it occurs to me that I'm going to have a pretty hard time with this acting thing if even cookie eating is a problem. So, I think I better spend some time on the internet trying to find suggestions to help with the stage fright problem I have or I could just do more rehearsal with the cookies. Then I would have other things to worry about instead of the stage fright, like being naked because I no longer fit into my clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment