Thursday, January 15, 2004

READY..........SET..........

Ok, so tonight I went to the new student orientation at the College where I am about to start classes. It was not too bad, although it could have been broken up into more applicable sections. They went through a lot of things that had absolutely nothing to do with me or my situation and it would have been good not to have sit through that stuff. 
The tour was good though and it made me realize that the first college I went to some eighteen years ago was not one of the most well equipped or upscale that is out there. This one on the other hand, well pretty snazzy. Seems they offer a service to cover just about any situation, up to and including all manner of free help to get your work corrected and edited before the instructor even sees it. I guess this is a good thing, but it did strike me that maybe they were making it just a bit too easy. Oh well, I guess in this day of "access" and "inclusion" that is what is expected. Just wish I had those advantages when I went so long ago. 
All in all, the orientation was informative and I must say I am a little more comfortable with my abilities to find my way around and such, but I still would like to have asked them one question.............. 
"So how old is the oldest "NON-TRADITIONAL" (that's what they call us old students now) student you have?" Is it me? 

At the bottom of this post is a link for comments, please feel free to share with me some of your thoughts on what you just read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment