Monday, January 26, 2004

So far school has been pretty good. Actually I am enjoying it which is good because I don't think I could have gone the whole time being as nervous as I was before it started. 

The only thing I am having any problem with at this point is that I have a specific time that I have to get up. Now I don't have to get up until 8:30 am, and I know what you are saying. "Wow, that's too bad, 8:30 huh?" Well, that doesn't sound bad until you know that most nights, even with some help from the doctor, I am still awake at 3:00 am. So to get up at 8:30 is early for me. But, even though I don't get much sleep I find that I am okay with that and am having a good time already. 

The first class of the morning is a Voice and Diction class. We have so far spent all of the class sessions laying on our back on the floor, learning how to relax and trying to become a puddle on the floor. This is not my idea of a stressful class to be attending, especially after missing a couple of hours of sleep. I know from the reading I have done that these relaxation exercises are designed to undo old habits that you have that may be keeping you from using your voice to your fullest potential and I believe there is a method to the madness. But as of yet, I am not a puddle, I think this may take me a while. I will keep trying. 

The Acting I class is interesting also. It too starts out with relaxation and exercises designed to loosen both your body and your inhibitions. Today we stretched, sighed; wiggled, stretched and sighed (all at the same time), walked around the room, touched like friends might, talked and hugged. Very interesting. I was surprised how easy it is to let go and make yourself look like a fool so long as everybody in the room is doing it. 

Tomorrow is my first Demostration Lab class. I am unsure but I think I just have a observe there. 

This is proving to be an interesting endeavor. I think I am going to like it. 

At the bottom of this post is a link for comments, please feel free to share with me some of your thoughts on what you just read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment