Sunday, December 12, 2010

YEAH I REALLY LIKE THE PRESSURE COOKER

Decided when I got the new electric pressure cooker and it was SO EASY to use that I would not only use it for beef roast.  If I did I wouldn't get much use out of it.  So tonight I made Mashed Potatoes and just at the last minute decided to pressure cook them to see if it worked.  
A total of twelve minutes after cutting the potatoes into quarters and putting them in the cooker I had totally cooked potatoes ready to be mashed.  No waiting for the water to boil for fifteen minutes and then waiting for the potatoes to cook for fifteen minutes.  Just twelve little minutes start to finish and they were perfect, ready for the butter and cream.


And since this cooker is SO EASY to clean since the pan just lifts out and everything can go into the dishwasher it was not any more trouble to do it this way.  Another thing I noticed was that the potatoes weren't waterlogged.


Great deal, I don't think I will ever boil potatoes again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment