Monday, August 22, 2005

THE BEST LAID PLANS

Well, the best laid plans, as they say. Three days into the diet and the brother in law comes to town and wants to do nothing but eat, and eat at some of our favorite restaurants. So,,,,,,,,in the interest of being a good host guess what I did? Of course I took him to all the places that just happen to have my very favorite foods and what do you know, I ate everything in site. Throwing all caution to the winds I proceeded to go to The Cheesecake Factory, where with my very healthy salad and diet coke I had a large piece of their cheesecake, yum, it was great, especially after several days of no white food, no potatoes, no pasta, etc. But, as if that wasn't enough we also went to Carrabba's Italian that night, wine, wine, wine, pasta, and obviously nothing that was on the diet, (oh yeah I did skip the bread). The next day was BJ's for lunch, clam chowder and lettuce wraps, (lettuce is good for you) and then to Vincent's Seafood that night, wine, wine, wine, butter sauces, baked potato, crunchy croutons, and fish, (again fish is good for you) so that wasn't bad enough on to desert of carrot cake. Gained two pounds.

So, Saturday back to the diet. I actually did pretty good, I had a meal bar for breakfast, nothing else the rest of the day and then to Nedley's for Fried Mushrooms, ribs and potato salad.

You know I am beginning to think I need to rethink the Zone thing. Maybe I will look at going back to Weight Watchers. I had lots of success with it last time and didn't really feel like I was being told not to have something. That is just the worst thing you can do. I guess we will see, I haven't given up the ship. I still have to get in front of that camera.

You yeah, I did get a Total Gym today, maybe that will help............if I actually use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment