Friday, April 8, 2005

FLYING SOLO? - OMG

Just noticed that it has been a long time since I have written. I have been so busy with my classes that I just haven't gotten around to it.

Wow, the classes, at least one is totally freaking me out. The Musical Theatre Ensemble class was already pretty spooky and a little strange with the music I am really not very familiar with, but a couple of weeks ago it got even spookier. David (the instructor) decided that I should do a solo of a Tori Amos song that I had never heard. I actually turned out to really like the song, but it has a note in it that is really difficult for me to sing, sometimes I totally miss it. I just feel like a have to strain to get there and I hate that, besides this solo thing is just so intimidating. On the one hand I want to do it, but on the other hand it is one of the hardest things I have ever contemplated doing. Fortunately I only have to get through it once.

I'm really so happy with the instructor though. He pushes me and that's nice, not at the time but it is what I need. I don't have forever to get to a point where I can use this stuff so I must be pushed and he definately is up for that. 

This semester is the weirdest thing though. It just keeps getting smaller and smaller classwise. I have dropped the Stage Movement class I just didn't like it and I have dropped the Stage Management class. I did like it, well all except the slave labor days, but I was about to have to do tons of paperwork and all for no reason since I don't intend to stage manage. 

So it's out of here also, but I still intend to go to some of the classes, just won't have the pressure I would have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment